Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Trevor Jones Trevor Jones is offline

Default Non Disclosure Agreement

Tom Hubin wrote:
Hello,

I am happy with the aluminum prototypes that I made and now ready to
send drawings out for quotes. I have been looking for an appropriate Non
Disclosure Agreement and not coming up with much. Some are too vague and
some are too specific and none seem quite right for a machine shop
making parts from my drawings.

Please point me to an appropriate NDA for a machine shop making parts
from my drawings.

Tom Hubin

Get a lawyer.

Draft one specific to your and your contacts' needs.

I have been approached a couple times (as a hobby machine shop guy) to
sign NDA's in order that I might "help" someone solve a problem with an
invention.

It has been by nutters, each and every one of them. Either convinced
that they were onto the next big thing, or afraid that someone will
steal their idea, or on the lookout for someone to blame when their idea
did not get them rich.
At least two of them were "inventing" things that were readilly
available, but they were not aware of. One had to have it explained to
him why it was a bad idea to have oxygen in contact with lube oils
(wanted to run a pump, use, undisclosed, off of the line pressure of a
breathing oxygen bottle).

That may not be you, Tom, but, I figure, if the information is worth
protecting with an NDA, it is worth the Lawyers' fees.

Cheers
Trevor Jones