Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house
Dave in Denver Dave in Denver is offline

Default HOW? - Frame for vinyl window in cement basement wall

Well... not knowing what is needed is why I posted... but I thought
there would be some way of accommodating the weatherseal "fin" rather
than flat mounting the vinyl window directly on a single layer of PT.
Maybe something like a 1" PT layer next to the concrete (bolted/glued/
etc.) then a layer of 2x4 and 2x6 side by side with a 1/8" gap for the
"fin". And something like a "finish" or trim layer on top of that on
the inside. But, again, as you can tell.... I do not know what is
usual so I am asking people who know.

You do good work.

I actually prefer your method although I suspect the window will
remain functional for 40 years using either method.

Well thanks. But it sounds like my method is just overkill.
We'll see if the engineer has recommendations and find the right
middle ground.

Thx all!
Dave-in-Denver