Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
John Smith[_2_] John Smith[_2_] is offline

Default New workbench

You did a fine job on that bench, and just about the best job of creating
tool storage I've seen. I do love all those full extension sliding drawers.

I've attached a photo of a bench I built several years ago. I worked for a
company that offered a retirement benefit that paid for classes to increase
your skills or otherwise enhance your retirement. I found a class at a
local woodworking shop where you built this bench and took it home with you
at the end of the course. Needless to say, it seemed a good deal to me.
The course price was $1,500, and included all the materials, hardware,
instruction and use of the shop's tools.

The bench is primarily solid maple and the top is 2 5/8" thick. I used
cherry for the raised panels in the legs and banded a slice of walnut into
the side vise jaw. In this photo, you can see I've left the vise handles
too long and have since cut them a bit shorter.

I plan on filling in the base with storage similar in fashion to what you've
done with yours, but I'm still waiting on that "round tuit" in order to get
that done.

Again, great job on your bench.

Wade Cothran

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Temp Pics2 115.jpg (469.6 KB, 35 views)