Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
David Bridgeman David Bridgeman is offline

Default New workbench

mapdude wrote:
What issue was the plans in. I would like to get a copy.

David Bridgeman wrote:
PH Thorsted wrote:

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 05:51:29 -0400, David Bridgeman wrote:

I just completed my new workbench. Plan was from American
Woodworker about a year back. Met my needs because it rolls when I
need it to but is rock solid when in use. I used the plane for the
base and is made mostly from 5 sheets of borg plywood. Trim is
solid oak. the top is made from a solid core door cut to size and
trimmed in walnut. There are 6 100 lb rated wheels under the
carcass to allow for movement. 4 wedges lift it slightly to make it
stationary.

Looks very good David. Like the slide out shelves/drawers. But then I
have
a fan of slide outs. Like your choice of a solid core door for the top.
What is the white material on the vise?

Paul T.

http://www.USENETHOST.com 100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous,
5$/month Only!

Thanks, Paul.

The white is maple. A few here told me, correctly so, that the walnut
for the vice jaw was too soft for high pressure. I wanted to match
the walnut apron on the top (door) so I laminated a walnut on both
sides of the maple (inserted for strength). I am still playing with
the vice. I can not get it aligned. I may have to remove and
reattach it.

Dave

It was in the December/January 2006 issue. Article was called "A rock
solid workbench".