Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Thom Thom is offline

Default New workbench

Very nice. I have been thinking about replacing the mdf top on mine with
hard maple or hickory. This certainly makes me want to rethink just
replacing the top.
Very nice.

Thom

"Charlie M. 1958" wrote in message
David Bridgeman wrote:
I just completed my new workbench. Plan was from American Woodworker
about a year back. Met my needs because it rolls when I need it to but
is rock solid when in use. I used the plane for the base and is made
mostly from 5 sheets of borg plywood. Trim is solid oak. the top is
made from a solid core door cut to size and trimmed in walnut. There
are 6 100 lb rated wheels under the carcass to allow for movement. 4
wedges lift it slightly to make it stationary.

I've been thinking about building a bew bench for a while now, looking
at a number of different designs. This one, by far, seems best suited to
my needs. Great job!