Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Alive and making shavings in Baja (1/1)

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 08:00:09 -0500, "Kate" wrote:

Very nice looking house Mac.... but how do you keep up with the dust? I
think I would lose my mind.
Would be an amazing place to go play with my Jeep though!
Kate

"mac davis" wrote in message
.. .

Thanks, Kate...

Best way to keep up with the cleaning was to retire my wife at 48, so she had
time... lol

Some things that have really helped to reduce the dust/sand since we moved in:

Moving all the shop tools except the turning stuff outside...

using the DC and air filter when ever I'm running anything...

pavers in the courtyard instead of sand that blows in the front door and
windows..

"**** brick" (that's what they call it) in the back area and between the
driveway and courtyard for the same reason...

Replacing the window screens with tight woven "sun cloth"...

convincing my wife that sweeping dust off tile is like eating soup with a
fork... she uses my shop vac now...

Having a lady come in once to clean the floors and showers, so we could see how
it's done.... sounds funny, but we had no experience with ceramic tile and it's
care...

Oh... and learning to close all the windows when it looks like it's getting
windy... DAMHIKT

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing