Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Alive and making shavings in Baja (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Alive and making shavings in Baja (1/1)-casa-confusion-jpg  Alive and making shavings in Baja (1/1)-shop-window1-jpg  Alive and making shavings in Baja (1/1)-shop-window2-jpg  Alive and making shavings in Baja (1/1)-great-room-jpg  Alive and making shavings in Baja (1/1)-guest-bedroom-jpg

Alive and making shavings in Baja (1/1)-kitchen-jpg  Alive and making shavings in Baja (1/1)-laundry-hall-master-bedroom-jpg  Alive and making shavings in Baja (1/1)-nan-playing-candid-camera-jpg  Alive and making shavings in Baja (1/1)-nans-fountain-jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg back yard from roof.jpg (142.4 KB, 68 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Very nice looking house Mac.... but how do you keep up with the dust? I
think I would lose my mind.
Would be an amazing place to go play with my Jeep though!
Kate

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 08:00:09 -0500, "Kate" wrote:

Very nice looking house Mac.... but how do you keep up with the dust? I
think I would lose my mind.
Would be an amazing place to go play with my Jeep though!
Kate

"mac davis" wrote in message
.. .

Thanks, Kate...

Best way to keep up with the cleaning was to retire my wife at 48, so she had
time... lol

Some things that have really helped to reduce the dust/sand since we moved in:

Moving all the shop tools except the turning stuff outside...

using the DC and air filter when ever I'm running anything...

pavers in the courtyard instead of sand that blows in the front door and
windows..

"**** brick" (that's what they call it) in the back area and between the
driveway and courtyard for the same reason...

Replacing the window screens with tight woven "sun cloth"...

convincing my wife that sweeping dust off tile is like eating soup with a
fork... she uses my shop vac now...

Having a lady come in once to clean the floors and showers, so we could see how
it's done.... sounds funny, but we had no experience with ceramic tile and it's
care...

Oh... and learning to close all the windows when it looks like it's getting
windy... DAMHIKT

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Beautiful place Mac. Although I would love to trade my 3 1/2 acre lawn for
that, I'm not sure I could get used to having nothing green and alive around
me. I solved the sawdust in my house problem 25 years ago when I moved my
shop into it's own detached building, but I'm sure that's not the only
source of dust that you have from living there.

Charley

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"mike hide" wrote in
:

With you Charlie ,nothing green , looks like total desolation to me .
I guess one mans meat is anothers poison......mjh

Well, Mac moved there from Fresno, California. They don't call it the
Golden State for nothing.

Patriarch,
near San Francisco
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Patriarch" wrote in message
. 136...
"mike hide" wrote in
:

With you Charlie ,nothing green , looks like total desolation to me .
I guess one mans meat is anothers poison......mjh

Well, Mac moved there from Fresno, California. They don't call it the
Golden State for nothing.

Patriarch,
near San Francisco

ANYplace would be better than Fresno!
We moved from Modesto to Tennessee... now THIS is a beautiful place to live.
But...
like any other place it too ahs it's drawbacks. I'll take them though, any
time compared to the insanity that has become California.

I was born there, so I feel I can say that without getting smacked in the
mouth ;¬Þ

Kate

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 11:50:34 -0500, "Kate" wrote:

"Patriarch" wrote in message
.136...
"mike hide" wrote in
:

With you Charlie ,nothing green , looks like total desolation to me .
I guess one mans meat is anothers poison......mjh

Well, Mac moved there from Fresno, California. They don't call it the
Golden State for nothing.

Patriarch,
near San Francisco

ANYplace would be better than Fresno!
We moved from Modesto to Tennessee... now THIS is a beautiful place to live.
But...
like any other place it too ahs it's drawbacks. I'll take them though, any
time compared to the insanity that has become California.

I was born there, so I feel I can say that without getting smacked in the
mouth ;¬Þ

Kate

Good to hear from you again!

It's 97 here with medium humidity.... My wife just called from Fresno and it's
105 there... yuk!

I spent 60 years in Cali... once Arnie took over I knew it was time to get
out....

Home Tennessee is good to and for ya...

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Absolutely fabulous, Sir!

What a wonderful spot... that ocean to keep you cool...so what's a
little dust? Bet it ain't that bad.

You have a wonderful home... enjoy it in the best of health...you and
yours.

(don't look now...but I'm turning a little green here...in
Canuckistan....)

Congratulations to one of the very few who gets to make a dream come
true.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
Absolutely fabulous, Sir!

What a wonderful spot... that ocean to keep you cool...so what's a
little dust? Bet it ain't that bad.

You have a wonderful home... enjoy it in the best of health...you and
yours.

(don't look now...but I'm turning a little green here...in
Canuckistan....)

Congratulations to one of the very few who gets to make a dream come
true.

Boy, I sure wish those pictures would make it here to Texas! Mac, any
chance you could repost?

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote in message

Nice stuff. I reposted photos for those poor folks in Texas.

Gary

Attached Thumbnails
Alive and making shavings in Baja (1/1)-shop-window2-jpg  Alive and making shavings in Baja (1/1)-back-yard-roof-jpg  Alive and making shavings in Baja (1/1)-casa-confusion-jpg  Alive and making shavings in Baja (1/1)-great-room-jpg  Alive and making shavings in Baja (1/1)-guest-bedroom-jpg

Alive and making shavings in Baja (1/1)-kitchen-jpg  Alive and making shavings in Baja (1/1)-laundry-hall-master-bedroom-jpg  Alive and making shavings in Baja (1/1)-nan-playing-candid-camera-jpg  Alive and making shavings in Baja (1/1)-nans-fountain-jpg  Alive and making shavings in Baja (1/1)-shop-window1-jpg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 00:51:55 -0400, Robatoy wrote:

Absolutely fabulous, Sir!

What a wonderful spot... that ocean to keep you cool...so what's a
little dust? Bet it ain't that bad.

You have a wonderful home... enjoy it in the best of health...you and
yours.

(don't look now...but I'm turning a little green here...in
Canuckistan....)

Congratulations to one of the very few who gets to make a dream come
true.

thankya, sir...

It does get a bit warm here, even with the water a few miles away... about 88f
at 7 am this morning, should get to about 100 with quite a bit of humidity
later...
Sure glad it isn't summer..lol

A friend brought me my new Ridgid planner yesterday but all I did was unpack
it... I guess I'll have to run the A/C in the shop if I want to assemble and set
it up today...

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 12:44:50 GMT, Steve Turner wrote:

Robatoy wrote:
Absolutely fabulous, Sir!

What a wonderful spot... that ocean to keep you cool...so what's a
little dust? Bet it ain't that bad.

You have a wonderful home... enjoy it in the best of health...you and
yours.

(don't look now...but I'm turning a little green here...in
Canuckistan....)

Congratulations to one of the very few who gets to make a dream come
true.

Boy, I sure wish those pictures would make it here to Texas! Mac, any
chance you could repost?

Steve... send me an email and I'll send them to ya...

mac at davisbaja dot com
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 07:57:06 -0700, "GeeDubb" wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message
.. .

Nice stuff. I reposted photos for those poor folks in Texas.

Gary

thanks, Gary....

I would of, but this satelite crap is like having a dial-up again... *sigh*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

mac davis wrote:
On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 12:44:50 GMT, Steve Turner wrote:

Boy, I sure wish those pictures would make it here to Texas! Mac, any
chance you could repost?

Steve... send me an email and I'll send them to ya...

mac at davisbaja dot com

Received; thanks mac. Very nice place, and what a gorgeous view!

To reply, eat the taco.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Alive and making shavings in Baja (1/1) - sunset from roof.jpg (0/1)

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 03:06:14 GMT, Steve Turner wrote:

mac davis wrote:
On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 12:44:50 GMT, Steve Turner wrote:

Boy, I sure wish those pictures would make it here to Texas! Mac, any
chance you could repost?

Steve... send me an email and I'll send them to ya...

mac at davisbaja dot com

Received; thanks mac. Very nice place, and what a gorgeous view!

Thanks, Steve....

Missing a few pics that I have to take of the 2 best views here... sun coming up
over the Sea of Cortez/Gulf of Calif. and setting behind the San Felipe
mountains behind us...

might have some here... lemme look... *g*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Alive and making shavings in Baja (1/1) - sunset from roof.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Alive and making shavings in Baja (1/1)-sunset-roof-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Mac, Real good to hear from ya again! I don't get on here much anymore, to
many irons in the fire. I will save your address. Maybe have to truck you
some baltic birch down there. Don't sound like it could be mailed to you.
:-)
BTW really like the house.
Lyndell

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 07:57:06 -0700, "GeeDubb" wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message
. ..

Nice stuff. I reposted photos for those poor folks in Texas.

Gary

thanks, Gary....

I would of, but this satelite crap is like having a dial-up again...
*sigh*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote

Good to hear from you again!

It's 97 here with medium humidity.... My wife just called from Fresno and
it's
105 there... yuk!

I spent 60 years in Cali... once Arnie took over I knew it was time to get
out....

Home Tennessee is good to and for ya...

I'd sure like to go play in your back yard with my Jeep though, looks like a
lot of fun!
I lived in Phoenix about 25 years ago, wish I would have had a Jeep back
then.. the desert looks so tempting.

Out here I get a good dose of mud though, and that's a lot of fun too.

Kate

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 00:50:03 GMT, "Lyndell Thompson"
wrote:

Hey Lyndell! Good to hear from you....

Mail is the only way I get things here, without going to Calif. or Arizona....
I get all of my pen kits and other small stuff mailed here...
Well, not really "here", but to our PO box in Calexico, CA and then they bring
it down to us...

You'd feel right at home here.... nice and humid.. lol

Mac, Real good to hear from ya again! I don't get on here much anymore, to
many irons in the fire. I will save your address. Maybe have to truck you
some baltic birch down there. Don't sound like it could be mailed to you.
:-)
BTW really like the house.
Lyndell

.. .

"mac davis" wrote in message

Nice stuff. I reposted photos for those poor folks in Texas.

Gary

thanks, Gary....

I would of, but this satelite crap is like having a dial-up again...
*sigh*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 21:12:47 -0500, "Kate" wrote:

I'd sure like to go play in your back yard with my Jeep though, looks like a
lot of fun!
I lived in Phoenix about 25 years ago, wish I would have had a Jeep back
then.. the desert looks so tempting.

Out here I get a good dose of mud though, and that's a lot of fun too.

Kate

Well, ya gotta go a few miles past the back yard, Kate... It's part of a Federal
reserve area and we can walk on it, but not drive on it...

Lots of jeeps, desert rails, quads, etc. here, though....
They organize trips to the mountains and stuff....

A friend belongs to one club that emails a GPS coordinate out every week and
they all meet there on Saturday.. lol

We took a trip in his rail and I decided that I wasn't going to have one
built... we'll stick to mostly roads in our ol' blazer..