Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Bob[_2_] Bob[_2_] is offline

Default Bubinga End Table

Leon,

The design is mine. I tried to bring in some of the aspects of their
current living room furniture. The aprons are curved to match the curve of
the top, as well as angled to match the bow of the legs. Initially I was
concerned as to how to curve the top and bottom of the curved aprons so they
fit tight to the flat bottom of the top, but this was actually easy: I
attached the curved apron to a sled and angled the blade by the same angle
as the legs.

Bob

--
Remove NOSPAM from address to reply
"Leon" wrote in message
. net...

"Bob" wrote in message
. ..
Attached are a couple pics of an end table I recently completed for my
son and his wife that I had promised them last Christmas. Some of the
bubinga was left over from my dining room table posted a couple years
ago. The top/apron unit floats float relative to the legs, which are
laminated with about 16 or 17 layers. This is the thickest lamination I
have done and took considerable pressure to hold to the form. The apron
is angled in to match the angle of the leg. The finish is poly gel.
The hard part was shipping it to Atlanta since it weighs 50 lbs! At
least the legs disassemble for shipping.

Bob

--
Remove + from address to reply

OK then. That is certainly a beautiful piece. Stunning really. Perfect
execution.

Was this your design and do the aprons bow out as they appear to do?