Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default My Wheelbarrow!

"Mick Strefford" wrote in message
k...
Hi Folks - My first post to this group - I 've been lurking for years and
thought it was about time I showed off some of my work.

I had been after one of these wheelbarrows for years and when at the
Garden Centres they always said that they never stocked them because they
were too expensive! Then I found out how expensive they were - I did a
Google and found out that people were charging between 195 and 250 British
Pounds for them!

So - off I went and bought some good ole Scottish Elm, Oak and Ash and
built me one for myself!
The boards, shafts and legs are Elm, the wheel hub is Elm, the spokes are
Oak and the felloes are Ash (I got the plans for the wheel for free from
www.bobsplans.com ) These are the traditional woods for this type of
barrow - so the experts say!

I would be afraid to put any dirt in this one.

It is just too pretty!!

Nice job on this project.