Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Deck railings

"John Smith" wrote in message
t...
I recently did some railings of my own and used a product from
http://www.deckorators.com/ for the balisters. I got the "Classic" in
powder coated black in the 3/4" x 36" length. They come 10 to a box at
approximately $26.95 to a box. For other applications, they also come in
24" and 32" lengths, as well as other colors. They also sell easily used
brackets for atttaching your rails to your posts. I seem to remember I
used a spacing distance of 3 3/4" on center for the balisters.

My first impression was nice, but a bit pricey. Then I did the calculations
and a 2 x 2 x 36 piece of wood is a board foot and that can be very pricey
also in cypress or cedar or mahogany. They re worth considering. Look very
good in your application.