Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default Bubinga End Table

"Bob" wrote in message
. ..
Attached are a couple pics of an end table I recently completed for my son
and his wife that I had promised them last Christmas. Some of the
bubinga was left over from my dining room table posted a couple years ago.
The top/apron unit floats float relative to the legs, which are laminated
with about 16 or 17 layers. This is the thickest lamination I have done
and took considerable pressure to hold to the form. The apron is angled
in to match the angle of the leg. The finish is poly gel. The hard part
was shipping it to Atlanta since it weighs 50 lbs! At least the legs
disassemble for shipping.

Good job Bob!

It is the complete package. Great display the wood grain and graceful
curved design.

I remember an interview by Walt Disney where he discussed curved legs on
tables. He felt they were much more organic and favored them for animated
films.

So, don't be alarmed if your table starts to dance or sing! ;-)