Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
John Santos John Santos is offline

Default Yet Another Step Stool (1/2)

In article , says...
I like the look and it seems like you executed it well.

However, the vertical grain above the arch is a weak point. I do not know if
it is a practical problem.

Don't know if splitting is a danger, but if so, it looks like the
steps might be edge-banded. If you are going to to go to the
trouble to edge-band, you could build the whole thing out of plywood,
which should be plenty strong. Two layers of 1/2 or 5/8 ply face
glued together would be 1" or 1 1/4" think, which should be strong
enough to hold an elephant!

On 5/19/07 11:41 PM, in article
, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Stoutman" .@. wrote in message
Made another step stool using the same design from a previous step stool
(side template).

This one was for my Mom for Mothers day. She saw the one I made from
cherry and wanted one ever since. I made hers is made from sapele.
I think it is time to retire this design.

Just change the radius of the arc between the feet. Automakers have done
that for years and keep selling them as new models.

I really should make a couple of them too.

--
John