Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Using up cut-offs (DC on the cheap)

Say What? wrote:
| Owen Lawrence wrote:
||| Does that mean I should try it out even before I sand the rust
||| and old paint from the barrel and apply the fifteen hand-rubbed
||| coats of
|
| Hmmm! Another tough call, Morris. Do want to tell us what color(s)
| you plan to use so we can try to dissuade you now? Or would you
| rather just get it done, show us the photo so we can criticize it
| later? g

I'm planning to get a half-gallon of NH barber pole spiral lacquer for
the barrel itself, and a quart of star-spangled blue for the top. I
did give serious consideration to pukey-duck yellow and woodworkers'
burple, but decided those colors would seem overly pretentious in my
rather plebeian shop. The interior of the barrel and underside of the
lid should probably be painted BH black so as to absorb as much as
possible of the radiation from dust explosions...

| Seriously though, do you just have the intake angled in on the top
| or do you also have a baffle on the underside of the lid?

The intake will be angled in at about 30 degrees from horizontal and
aimed approximately tangent to the closest part of the barrel. I
considered gluing the other angled block to the underside of the lid,
but decided that it'd probably work better if I minimized
constrictions.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar