Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Nova Nova is offline

Default How bout some suggestions on what type of finish to use on this?

mapdude wrote:
Here is one of my current projects that is not on my honey do list at
the same time.

I am almost ready to apply some type of finish, but am undecided on what
to use. Nitrocel laquer has been suggested by several friends, but I
have never used it.

I want the natural beauty and grain of the wood to show, so I am
considering an airbrush of black or brown around the edge and leave the
center areas a clear or yellowish tinted clear coat. Sort of the
traditional "tobacco sunburst" finish.

I think this is ash so suggestions on if I should put sealers or
whatever before stains, etc. would be helpful

Beheln's makes a lacquer finish just for stringed instruments:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Finishin...t_Lacquer.html

You can check out the other finishing products Stewart MacDonald has to
offer at:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Finishing_supplies.html

--
Jack Novak