Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Mapdude Mapdude is offline

Default Mahogany side table

Nice table....but when are you gonna hang those picture frames in the
background?

Kevin wrote:
My wife said the TV table next to the couch where I sit had to go so I
built this.
It’s mahogany with a tiger maple drawer font. The secondary wood is
poplar and I made support rails out of maple.
The finish is spar varnish (you can take the boy out of the boat shop
but you can’t take the bat shop out of the boy).
Two spit coats, 50-50 varnish and thinner, then two full strength coats
with sanding in between.
No pore filler or shellac first just the spar varnish. For the draw
front I added a little stain to make it pop a little more.

I get a bunch of my tiger maple from my local Home Depot. Every time I
pick through their maple selection I find 1 or 2 pieces of nice tiger.
That’s where the drawer front came from.