Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Larry Spitz Larry Spitz is offline

Default Maple step stool

Mark Johnson wrote:

Looks good Larry. The proportions change the look a bit, but I still like
it. It's neat to see an alternate design option without having to build
another prototype.

Did you change the joints any? Any mechanical fasteners at the steps or
foot?

-MJ

I'm glad you like it. And again my public thanks for your original posting
and subsequent answers to my questions.

The joints at the steps are basically the same as yours. I used a single
tenon at both the base and the seat in contrast to your double tenons.

There are no mechanical fasteners for the steps. I did put in two screws
though the base into the the tenon on the bottom of the post, but one of
the screws broke and the joint seems to be adequately strong with just one,
and I guess, would be OK with none.

Larry