Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Mark Johnson Mark Johnson is offline

Default Maple step stool

Looks good Larry. The proportions change the look a bit, but I still like
it. It's neat to see an alternate design option without having to build
another prototype.

Did you change the joints any? Any mechanical fasteners at the steps or
foot?

-MJ

"Larry Spitz" wrote in message
Many moons ago, Mark Johnson posted pictures of his step stool which I
really liked. I liked it enough to try to copy it that is. Well a lot got
lost or changed in translation.

I built a prototype based on the dimensions that Mark used but my wife
found
it was too tall for her to sit on comfortably, so though I preferred the
proportions of Mark's I had to increase the angle of the back of the post
from 12 to 17.5 degrees as well as leave off the footrest in order to
lower
the seat height.

Here it is, both sitting in the middle of our kitchen floor and in its
normal location at the desk.

Larry