Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default a couple of signs made on my new cnc router. (0/1)

Charley wrote:

| Non CNC people can't appreciate what it takes to drive an X and Y
| axis machine and make continuous circular cuts that are smooth and
| round like that, but you have impressed me. I guess it's because of
| my past life.g I wish I could afford one.

FWIW, good used machines in a whole spectrum of sizes can be purchased
for /far/ less than the new prices. I've seen used ShopBots being sold
for as low as $2500 - that price was exceptional, but there are good
buys to be had..

If you don't want to spend even that much, but have a use for a CNC
router, let me encourage you to build one. It does require a
reasonable amount of research and careful effort, but it's definitely
do-able. If you're willing to invest the time and effort it's possible
to save even more.

Be prepared to do a lot of learning (and re-learning) of geometry,
trig, and algebra.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar