Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Charley Charley is offline

Default Request

The "jakes Chair" is quite large and in my opinion, uncomfortable. I made
one and wasn't happy with it. I ended up choosing the New Yankee Workshop
design, but made one modification. I added a cross brace between the rear
legs just below the seat back, which stiffened the frame considerably. I
also used construction adhesive when assembling them. This chair design has
proven to be very comfortable. I made 8 of them about 9 years ago and all
are still in good shape. They are exposed to the North Carolina weather all
year and only 2 repairs have needed to be made. Two rear slats have
loosened, requiring additional screws to repair them.

--
Charley

"RichR" wrote in message

Thanks for the info Will. Greatly appreciated.

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 14:28:50 -0500, "Will" wrote:

New Yankee Workshop