Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Charlie M. 1958 Charlie M. 1958 is offline

Default Finished two projects today

EWCM wrote:
Last time I posted a military shadowbox,I got some grief from an A$$ who
ranted about how the military today was so wrapped up in glitter and
bangles... screw him. This is the recognize the contribution to our security
and our way of life that is provided by a Sailor who volunteered 28 years of
his life for us.
He is a good friend of mine and I made this box for his retirement.

The second attachment is a room screen that I made for my Daughter.

I live in an apartment and my shop is my kitchen table... Actually, one of
the military bases in the DC area has a superb shop (Bolling AFB) and I do
most of my work there (I'm a retired Sailor).

Shadowbox is Cherry with a wipe on Arm-R-Seal. Blue felt for the
background. Miter corners, M/T on the center shelf. Got a little touchup to
do, clean glass and take out some lint...
Screen is Walnut with maple ply panels, same finish.

Jack

Both look real nice! What is the thickness of the maple ply?