Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default New workshop and boxes (closure)

Morris Dovey wrote:

| This morning I had the pleasure of seeing the box clamped up in my
| building down in Madison County.
|
| No one in the four-man crew had never seen a solar heating panel
| before, so it took 'em almost 45 minutes to get these installed. :-)

Stopped by yesterday to rout the intake and discharge openings and
developed the beginnings of a case of workshop envy. With the rest of
the south wall in place, it looks a lot better than it did the day
before.

They'd drilled a 1/2" hole through the 5/8" ply wall paneling to mark
vent locations, so all I had to do was insert a 3/8" trim router bit
and follow the outline of the vents in the solar panels.

It was the first time I've ever used a router while standing on a
ladder and didn't feel all that much different from the first time I
took a chainsaw up a ladder.

It's not exactly FWW, but I thought folks might be interested in
seeing a self-heating shop and how it went together.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Attached Thumbnails
Face frame (corner) clamps-sc_madison_10-jpg  Face frame (corner) clamps-sc_madison_11-jpg