Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
RonB RonB is offline

Default Ping asmurff - Drill Press Table

"bill" wrote in message
Table looks great on that old drill press. Can you get a pic of the
setup you have to raise and lower the table?
Thanks.

Here are pics. This jury-rig "helps" to lift the table. All it amounts to
is:

- A 1/8" steel cable attached to an the back of the table (the eye is
screwed into an existing threaded hole);

- The cable routes from the eye in the table, up to an inexpensive pulley
(mounted to an existing bolt in the drill press head);

- And then down to one end of a rubber bungee.

- The lower end of the bungee is attached to the bolt that secures the
drill press up-tube.

The bungee helps lift the table but as it stretches out and has to be
readjusted from time to time. When new, it actually lifted the table when
I loosened the tube clamping hand-bolt and all I had to do was gently push
up or down and reset the hand-bolt.

There are other ways to do this. Google for things like "drill press table
lift". There are a couple of versions that use a crank jack like you would
find on the tongue of a boat or utility trailer. I even saw one that had a
small, reversible motor attached.

There are better ways to do it but mine works as long as the bungee is
adjusted.

RonB

Attached Thumbnails
Ping asmurff - Drill Press Table-liftweb1-jpg  Ping asmurff - Drill Press Table-liftweb2-jpg