Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Stephen M Stephen M is offline

Default Jet 1442 problem pics

What Jet thought was weird is that it's not even a part of the motor, it's
a part that goes on the lathe spindle. Somehow, during manufacturing, it
got dropped or whatever into the motor prior to it getting closed up.

What I think is weird is that the motor being a fully enclosed subassembly
of the product would even be assembled in the same building (let alone
province) as the head stock of the lathe.

If it was indeed simply a stray part that dropped into the motor during
assembly, the chance that the part would be used elsewhere (not in the motor
subassembly) would seem really really remote to me.

That smells a little funny to me.

-Steve