Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default Exterior Paint Question

Big_Jake wrote in
ps.com:

On Jul 18, 1:12 pm, "Robert11" wrote:
Hi,

I tend to agree as often mentioned that the quality levels of paint
from the different "name brand" paint producers is probably such that
the care in the application is probably more important. And that the
differences between brands is secondary. (live in New England)

But, one does like to have personal experiences and opinions to
evaluate, of course.

So, let me please ask.

For the top of the line in each (BTW: which would be called what for
each ?):

Any opinions on California vs Benjamin Moore for Latex exterior house
paint ?
Why ?

Thanks,
Bob

I have been using Sherwin Williams Duration for exteriors for the last
few years. It is really expensive, and doesn't cover as much per
gallon since it goes on thicker, but I couldn't be happier with it as
a product. Never heard of "California" paint. Is it the one product
not know to cause cancer in California? :-)

JK

As long as you are not in California it won't hurt you :-)