Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Running computer cables from basement to floor above

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 20:57:47 -0400, mm
wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:24:15 -0700, "RJ"
wrote:

1. On most new computer systems, you must
press a button on the box to "Power On"

If you leave the thing sleeping or whatever (not Standby. Deader than
standby) you can set it to start up from the keyboard. I leave mine
deader, because it's plugged into a UPS. Even then I could set it to
go on every time the UPS goes on, or everytime it is plugged in.

2. You're never going to use the CD/DVD reader/burner ??

When I suggested a hole in the floor, I forgot about that. My mind
wandered to when I wanted to put the printer in the next room, not the
computer. I don't print much and I'd like more space on my desk.
(The only thing standing in my way is that I don't have much space in
the next room either.)

3. Plugging in any USB device, like a digital camera
will be a pain in the butt !

I forgot about that too, even though I just got a digital camera (10
dollars for one from 2004)

I seldom plug my camera into a computer, but use a memory card reader.
That's a USB device too, and would work fine with the same hub as the
keyboard & mouse.

Modern ( DELL ) PC's are relatively quiet.
and even the heat is minimal.........

I've been using the AC for the last 3 days, and I've been turning the
computer off a lot more.

????

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"So far as I can remember, there is not one word
in the Gospels in praise of intelligence."
--Bertrand Russell