Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Running computer cables from basement to floor above

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 16:42:17 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:24:15 -0700, "RJ"
wrote:

1. On most new computer systems, you must
press a button on the box to "Power On"

There's likely a setting in the BIOS to make it come on automatically
when power is applied. Then you can use a remote power switch. I have
used such a setup for a couple of years.

You may want to leave the computer on all the time, but a remote power
switch is still a good ides for the times there's no way to get it to
work without rebooting.

How come Compaqs and some others don't have Reset buttons?

2. You're never going to use the CD/DVD reader/burner ??

There are external CD/DVD drives. Also see below.

He woudl have to run a cable for that though and didnt' mention it.

3. Plugging in any USB device, like a digital camera
will be a pain in the butt !

How are you connecting your keyboard and mouse? If you're using USB,
you already have the cable you need to have a hub in the room above.

Good point. I don't have one, but I'm still in the 90's with win98
even.