Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ping Robert (nailshooter)

On Jul 18, 1:34 am, BillinDetroit wrote:

No, I haven't seen the TREX. I just wanted something bright that would stand out and this color was on the chip chart. I'm going to make a couple more chairs in a couple weeks and then take a shot at designing a
table to go with them. I've got a couple ideas kicking around in the old bean. I think I can make the whole set very appealing.

You will love the cost of Impervo or Corotile if you take a look at
the board foot price of TREX and its cousins. OUCH!

I had an acquintance that used ot build decks and he used his cutoffs
from a couple of decks to make some furniture. It worked well for
backs and seats, but for anything that required it to be turned on
edge (like sides, chair backs, legs, etc.) he said it wasn't
satisfactory as it wasn't rigid enough. And the hotter the weather
was, the less rigid the chairs became.

Just my 0.02.

Robert