Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default Playpit sand vs builders sand

"Roger" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "ARWadsworth" contains these words:

What term would you use for your Grandad when you have to take him
shopping
for electrical goods and he refuses everything from Germay and Japan and
wants to see the English stuff.

Hero?

If he fought in the 2nd world war (or even just lived through it) then
he has a right to feel aggrieved about the way in which the counties
that thankfully lost the war have now won the peace.

Don't think so. It would be rather better to be happy that the countries
which demonstrated such bad behaviour have put all that behind them. The
people in those countries are no longer the same people he fought - there
have been 2 or 3 generations since.

He should be looking at why we "lost the peace", ie why our manufacturing
industry failed, rather than seeking to punish those who succeeded.

"Misguided" would be the word I'd use, but at this stage in his life I
wouldn't necessarily be trying to reeducate him.

/rant

cheers,
clive