Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default is there a special tool?

Your letter confuses me, but can you just nail them in farther. With
a nail set or something.

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 04:35:58 -0700, "
wrote:

The girlfriend moved into a different home recently, so I am press-
ganged into service as a 'mr. fix-it' (sorta).

The entrance way and a foyer area was covered with a ceramic tile and
parquet flooring respectively, but the levels were higher than the
rest of the flooring, so yanking it up, I found birch hardwood strip
flooring that had been covered over. It perfectly matches all of the
flooring in the bedrooms and rest of the hallway, so we'd like to
preserve it.

I have yanked up the parquet and the thin subflooring and some of the
ceramic, but I see that they have small ring nails all over the place
- presumably to stop squeeking in the hardwood?

Anyway - I would like to remove these nails (they come out easily
enough once the head can be gripped). For the most part they are in
the 'groove' between the hardwood strips.

If I use a nail puller, it will really chew it up a lot. Does anyone
know if there is some sort of different tool available for situations
such as this? Maybe like a really really thin 'prybar' that can be
used to snag the nail heads? They are not recessed, but not quite
enough showing enough to be grabbed.

I was hoping someone who does this type of thing more frequently may
have other ideas.

Thanks!