Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,alt.comp.hardware,rec.audio.pro,rec.video.desktop,sci.electronics.repair
Martin Heffels Martin Heffels is offline

Default work on a laptop.

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 15:29:00 -0700, "Richard Crowley"
wrote:

MY laptop died this morning and shows nothing on the screen.
It starts OK, with the MSwin logo on the black screen and the
"progress" bar, but as soon as it flips into the native resolution,
the screen goes dead. This may be the first time I have booted
it since one of those automatic MS "patches" or "upgrades" or
whatever.

Could be. I had this happening after updating my videodrivers one day
of my Nvidia-card (on my desktop, but that doesn't matter). Removed
them, reinstalled, and the thing worked again.
I would disconnect from the internet, do a System Restore, reboot, set
the update to just warn you, and connect to the internet and update
what _you_ want.

cheers

-martin-