Posted to alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair

Default Just 2" frame for vinyl window in concrete?

"Dave in Denver" wrote in message
ups.com...
I will have egress windows cut into my concrete basement walls (9"
thick), will use standard 48" x 48" slider or casement windows.

Tow contractors told me they simply frame the freshly cut concrete
with 2 inch "green pressure treated lumber" and then set the window.
(They will do more for a header if needed for space alignment or
structural needs.)

But just a singe 2" board sound too fast and easy.
Is there a "proper" way or am I must use to doing things the hard way?

Thx
Dave-in-Denver

That is how I've done them. I've also set aluminum framed windows in
concrete sand mix all around. I've seen some that I've done 40 years ago
and they are still in use.