Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Z. Pat Z. is offline

Default Highway tree cutting

"John Reber" wrote
When I arrived home from work yesterday, something seemed different.

I looked up and 2 trees on either side of my driveway had all of their
branches cut off up to approx 25'. The trees are close to the road and I
could understand branches being trimmed on the road side, but they cut
all branches, including the ones on my side.

Is this a normal cutting technique? There is no interference to utility
wires, as all wire runs underground across the street from me.

I did contact MD State Highway Administration, and the person I did speak
to said my road was their jurisdiction, but the person who would know was
out of the office, attending a meeting, but assured me they would return
my call to answer any specific questions.

I work for a Department of Transportation, in a different state.

The trees you speak of, were no doubt earmarked a potential road hazard.
Those times you see state vehicles just "riding around", are actually
someone out there doing their job, looking for problems or potential
problems.

Professionals trimmed "your" tree. Count your blessings that your tax
dollars are at work.