Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house
PeterD PeterD is offline

Default HOW? - Frame for vinyl window in cement basement wall

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 09:33:45 -0500, valvejob wrote:

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 23:23:23 -0700, Dave in Denver
wrote:

(FYI... my city does require an engineers document specifying any
structural header needs in order for the city to give me a permit to
cut two big holds in my basement wall. So that bit will be taken care
of.)

Could you post that 'engineers document' you refer to? I'd like to
see it.

I think what the OP was referring to is an engineer's report
certifying that the modifications are structurally sound. I'm sure
(but could be wrong) that the OP has not done this yet.