Posted to alt.home.repair
John Reber John Reber is offline

Default Highway tree cutting

When I arrived home from work yesterday, something seemed different.

I looked up and 2 trees on either side of my driveway had all of their
branches cut off up to approx 25'. The trees are close to the road and
I could understand branches being trimmed on the road side, but they cut
all branches, including the ones on my side.

Is this a normal cutting technique? There is no interference to utility
wires, as all wire runs underground across the street from me.

I did contact MD State Highway Administration, and the person I did
speak to said my road was their jurisdiction, but the person who would
know was out of the office, attending a meeting, but assured me they
would return my call to answer any specific questions.