Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob M. Bob M. is offline

Default is there a special tool?

wrote in message
ups.com...

I should have mentioned that the adjoining areas have been tinted
different colours, so she intends to get someone in to resand and
refinish the flooring. When I had mine done the guy used the sawdust
from the first coat mixed with the filler and went over the entire
floor surface with it - it worked wonders and essentially hid all the
holes and imperfections, etc. that I had in mine. So it does not have
to be a perfectly marr-less (is that a word?), solution but I am
defintely trying to minimize the damage.

Thank you all for the wonderful ideas and links. I'll be ferreting
about to see what I can find from these sources.

regards. (hi-ho, hi-ho .....)

I'd maybe try a Dremel with a cutoff wheel. Just cut the nails off at the
surface, then if possible pound them in further with a nail set & hammer.
Fill the holes, or maybe the refinisher will do that.