Posted to alt.home.repair
KB KB is offline

Default Concrete floor, cinder block wall -- how to fill gaps

"hobbes" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 16, 6:03 pm, "KB" wrote:
I have googled this, but to no avail, and was hoping someone here would
know
the answer. My garage floor is a concrete slab, the walls are cinder
block.
There is a slight gap where the walls meets the concrete (perhaps 1/8 of
an
inch). I am not sure whether this was ever filled or whether I'm only
just
noticing the gap, but I would like to fill it in. Would I use a kind of
silicone, mortar, or perhaps even grout to do this? I'm just not sure
which
material would last but still allow for expansion. Or should I leave the
gap
alone?
I live in Florida. Moisture is not an issue, but bugs are.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
KB

Hi,

I have just done this for my basment. Google "Caulking hell ... and
subsequent redemption" on this News Group. I sealed the gap for Rado
mitigation purposes and have written up the way I did it. It was a bit
of trial and error, but in the end I think I found a way that sort of
worked .....

Best, Mike.

Thanks Mike! I'll check out your thread.
KB