Posted to alt.home.repair
KB KB is offline

Default Concrete floor, cinder block wall -- how to fill gaps

I have googled this, but to no avail, and was hoping someone here would know
the answer. My garage floor is a concrete slab, the walls are cinder block.
There is a slight gap where the walls meets the concrete (perhaps 1/8 of an
inch). I am not sure whether this was ever filled or whether I'm only just
noticing the gap, but I would like to fill it in. Would I use a kind of
silicone, mortar, or perhaps even grout to do this? I'm just not sure which
material would last but still allow for expansion. Or should I leave the gap
alone?
I live in Florida. Moisture is not an issue, but bugs are.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
KB

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 16, 6:03 pm, "KB" wrote:
I have googled this, but to no avail, and was hoping someone here would know
the answer. My garage floor is a concrete slab, the walls are cinder block.
There is a slight gap where the walls meets the concrete (perhaps 1/8 of an
inch). I am not sure whether this was ever filled or whether I'm only just
noticing the gap, but I would like to fill it in. Would I use a kind of
silicone, mortar, or perhaps even grout to do this? I'm just not sure which
material would last but still allow for expansion. Or should I leave the gap
alone?
I live in Florida. Moisture is not an issue, but bugs are.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
KB

Hi,

I have just done this for my basment. Google "Caulking hell ... and
subsequent redemption" on this News Group. I sealed the gap for Rado
mitigation purposes and have written up the way I did it. It was a bit
of trial and error, but in the end I think I found a way that sort of
worked .....

Best, Mike.

Posted to alt.home.repair
KB KB is offline

"hobbes" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 16, 6:03 pm, "KB" wrote:
[...]

Thanks Mike! I'll check out your thread.
KB

Gap between cinder block wall and basement floor [email protected] Home Repair 7 March 29th 07 05:24 PM
wood floor, fill gaps at edges [email protected] Home Repair 8 October 12th 06 11:46 PM
Cinder block wall J Hawkes Home Repair 4 December 15th 05 04:21 AM
How to fill gaps in a wood floor? Ludger Wolf Home Repair 11 September 17th 05 10:38 PM
Propane hob pipework under concrete floor or in block wall? keefers UK diy 0 May 25th 05 05:33 PM