Posted to alt.home.repair
Just Joshin Just Joshin is offline

Default Smoke Alarms

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 17:08:11 -0400, krw wrote:

In article ,
says...
On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 14:22:49 GMT, "Jacque Asse"
wrote:

With a battery-operated alarm located in a central hallway on 2nd floor of a
townhouse. Alarm goes off with no apparent reason (no fire, no smoke
source, no heat source). Alarm stayed on steady for few minutes but then
shut off. Any suggestions as to what may cause this apparent false alarm?

How old is the fire alarm?

Good point, but I'd buy a new one even if it's not old. False alarms
aren't useful. Next thing, the batteries come out.

Exactly!

Too often I hear, the alarm kept going off, so I killed it.

tom @ www.MeetANewFriend.com