Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default Battery Backup Sump Pump

lagman wrote:

All,

The sump pump in the house we just moved into runs about every 20-30
minutes when dry, but every couple minutes when we get a hard rain.
The previous owners installed an "Ace in the Hole" battery backup sump
pump. They assured me the battery was brand new.

I tried testing the system by unplugging the main AC pump. When the
water level reached the battery backup pump's sensor, it kicked on,
but the water level did not recede. I continued to hear the pump
running, but it did not seem to be pumping any water out.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dan

Clogged inlet?

Connected to same outlet pipe as main pump, without check valve(s) and
water is flowing back into the sump through the impeller of non rumnning
main pump?

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia