Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Battery Backup Sump Pump

All,

The sump pump in the house we just moved into runs about every 20-30
minutes when dry, but every couple minutes when we get a hard rain.
The previous owners installed an "Ace in the Hole" battery backup sump
pump. They assured me the battery was brand new.

I tried testing the system by unplugging the main AC pump. When the
water level reached the battery backup pump's sensor, it kicked on,
but the water level did not recede. I continued to hear the pump
running, but it did not seem to be pumping any water out.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dan

Posted to alt.home.repair

lagman wrote:

All,

The sump pump in the house we just moved into runs about every 20-30
minutes when dry, but every couple minutes when we get a hard rain.
The previous owners installed an "Ace in the Hole" battery backup sump
pump. They assured me the battery was brand new.

I tried testing the system by unplugging the main AC pump. When the
water level reached the battery backup pump's sensor, it kicked on,
but the water level did not recede. I continued to hear the pump
running, but it did not seem to be pumping any water out.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dan

Clogged inlet?

Connected to same outlet pipe as main pump, without check valve(s) and
water is flowing back into the sump through the impeller of non rumnning
main pump?

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 17, 6:58 am, lagman wrote:
All,

The sump pump in the house we just moved into runs about every 20-30
minutes when dry, but every couple minutes when we get a hard rain.
The previous owners installed an "Ace in the Hole" battery backup sump
pump. They assured me the battery was brand new.

I tried testing the system by unplugging the main AC pump. When the
water level reached the battery backup pump's sensor, it kicked on,
but the water level did not recede. I continued to hear the pump
running, but it did not seem to be pumping any water out.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dan

Maybe it never was tested, , take it out and put it in a bucket and
test it

Posted to alt.home.repair

Perhaps a clogged inlet to the auxiliary pump??

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 17, 9:58?am, lagman wrote:
All,

The sump pump in the house we just moved into runs about every 20-30
minutes when dry, but every couple minutes when we get a hard rain.
The previous owners installed an "Ace in the Hole" battery backup sump
pump. They assured me the battery was brand new.

I tried testing the system by unplugging the main AC pump. When the
water level reached the battery backup pump's sensor, it kicked on,
but the water level did not recede. I continued to hear the pump
running, but it did not seem to be pumping any water out.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dan

definetely get that fixed, backup pump may be defective.

any chance of running a physical drain line to daylight somehow so
gravity can do the job in a power failure?

Backup Sump battery Jack Home Repair 1 June 8th 07 03:17 PM
Sump Pump Clunk After Backup Pump Install [email protected] Home Repair 6 April 19th 07 05:18 PM
Designing battery backup sump pump. [email protected] Home Repair 11 January 15th 07 04:43 AM
Sump battery backup Jack Home Repair 4 October 10th 06 06:34 AM
Sump Pump Backup battery question [email protected] Home Repair 11 April 5th 06 02:50 PM