Posted to alt.home.repair
lagman lagman is offline

Default Battery Backup Sump Pump

All,

The sump pump in the house we just moved into runs about every 20-30
minutes when dry, but every couple minutes when we get a hard rain.
The previous owners installed an "Ace in the Hole" battery backup sump
pump. They assured me the battery was brand new.

I tried testing the system by unplugging the main AC pump. When the
water level reached the battery backup pump's sensor, it kicked on,
but the water level did not recede. I continued to hear the pump
running, but it did not seem to be pumping any water out.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dan