Posted to rec.woodworking
BillinDetroit BillinDetroit is offline

Default Ping Robert (nailshooter)

wrote:
On Jul 16, 6:43 pm, BillinDetroit wrote:
I have a picture of the completed Jakes (lawn) chairs on my index page.
http://nmwoodworks.com

Bill

Bill - the chairs look great! Did you wind up using the Impervo on
them? How did you like it? How did you apply it?

Yes ... that's the Impervo. Once I got a sense for thinning it, it
sprayed very nicely ... and the Wagner HVLP worked great. The included
viscosity cup was pretty useless with the Killz primer, so I didn't even
get it out with the Impervo.

I've done a TINY bit of spraying in the past and the Wagner would keep a
wet line just about as fast as I could move my arm. The Impervo leveled
out great and has since dried to a a very nice hardness.

I'm going to try the Coronado next time as the Impervo was $12 more per
gallon and these chairs take a surprising amount of paint.

Also... how comfortable ARE those chairs compared a garden variety
Adirondack?

Don't have much time in a garden variety Adirondack, but both the seat
curvature and the back curvature make for some downright pleasant
sitting in the Jakes Chair. At 27", the seat is wide enough to allow for
a few extra dumplings or a couple of squirmy grandkids.

I can say thins, though ... a neighbor came over, sat in one before
painting and ordered two. That's pretty comfortable in my book!

Bill

Good job, buddy.

Robert

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000757-2, 07/16/2007
Tested on: 7/17/2007 2:36:38 AM

I'm not not at the above address.
http://nmwoodworks.com

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000757-2, 07/16/2007
Tested on: 7/17/2007 2:48:29 AM