Posted to rec.woodworking
Allen Roy Allen Roy is offline

Default Air Conditioned Shop?

Well next time your in town, stop and say Hi.

Allen
"B A R R Y" wrote in message
On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 22:32:53 -0400, "Allen Roy"
wrote:

"
SUNY Corning

Please explain. I hope you don't mean Corning,NY

Sure!

Years back, I did some shows there.

One of the memorable trips through Corning that can be shared in a
public forum happened during a "Celebration Weekend".

The Dean's wife decided to have an "interpretive" theatre directly
under the gym where I was hired to work. I can't remember who the
band was, possibly the Ramones, Squeeze, Talking Heads, or The
Bosstones. Anyhow... we had 60-70,000 watts on the PA, including
Servodrive subwoofers, and a packed, enthusiastic house of maybe
5,000. The subwoofer cluster was directly over the "theatre", which I
believe was normally a wrestling room. Throughout the day, I
pointed out the bad location of the "theatre", and the conflicts that
would surely arise to anyone who would listen. No one listens to the
long hairs...

I then spent the entire 90 minute set arguing with the Dean, and then
his porky wife, while trying to mix. We argued over the fact that it
was now SNOWING chunks of suspended ceiling material on the theatre,
the gel frames were falling out of the lights, and the actors couldn't
be heard. Also, the perfectly rectangular room below us resonated
severely ~ 40 Hz, so every time the band held certain notes, the room
would become unbearable. He wanted to stop the show so the 10 people
in the room (including his uber-po'd wife G) below could put on
their 2-hour performance.

I also got a ridiculous speeding ticket in Alfred, and saw a drunken
Sasquatch kick down all the stalls in a hillbilly bar.

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **