Posted to alt.home.repair
Jr. Jr. is offline

Default Sealing a deck

"Frank" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 16, 1:42 pm, valvejob wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 11:23:36 -0500, "Jr." wrote:
I had a new deck installed last October. We used treated lumber.

When should I get some type of sealer to apply to this deck?

What is the best to use?

Thanks in advance.

I'd rent a power washer and clean it good then wait a week of dry
weather and finish it with anything but thompsons.

I would not use Thompsons either. Last stuff of theirs I used on swim
club picnic tables and benches could not be sprayed because it clogged
sprayer and painted on looked like it was crystallizing.
Frank

Is the lumber sufficiently dry from installation in October to now to seal
it?
It has been 9 months.
Thanks