Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] manatbandq@hotmail.com is offline

Default Playpit sand vs builders sand

On Jul 15, 10:09 pm, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:

My girlfriend wants me to pick up some playpit sand this week for her
son's sandpit. Why?
What is wrong with builders sand for a sandpit? A quick look on google
suggests that playpit sand is washed, dust free and will not stain
clothes but as he is 4 years old and guaranteed to come in with dirty
stained clothes even if he has not been in the sandpit what's the point?

In these parts, sharp sand is a better replacement for playpit sand than
builders. It behaves more like beach sand and does not have as much
yellow clay in it.

Instead it has lots of lovely sharp edges that will cut the little
*******'s hands to ribbons.

He might not be married to the child's mother but that doesn't mean
the child was born out of wedlock.

MBQ