Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Do AC Blowers Take Breaks?

On Jul 15, 3:49 pm, kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Jul 14, 5:46 pm, kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

oups.com...

On 7 Jul, 19:55, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I turned on my AC few hours ago and set to blower to ON, as opposed

AUTO. The temp hasn't reached the set point yet, so the AC has been
running since I turned it on.

I was down in the basement doing some stuff (unrelated to the AC)

when
the blower stopped. Curious, I went upstairs to check the thermostat
and it was calling for AC and the blower was still set to ON.

I went back downstairs and after about 20 seconds the blower came

back
on. I don't think it was off for more than a minute. This is the
second season with the AC and I don't recall this happening before,
but since it was off for less than a minute, who knows?

Any thoughts?

I have a question about my blower that might explain what is happening
-

The furnace is a Ruud 90+ 2-stage unit. With the fan switch on the t-
stat set to ON, the fan runs constantly at the low speed, but when the
t-calls for cooling, many times (always?) the blower runs at high
speed.

Is it possible that when the t-stat calls for high speed fan
operation, it overrides the ON setting, turns the blower off for a few
seconds (30?) and then turns it back on at high speed? In other
words, it doesn't go from low to high, it goes from low to off to
high.

I may do some testing when I get home tonight, but I thought I'd throw
the question out first.

Thanks!

-- Yes, the blower (can) operate at different speeds for different
stat
-- settings

Thanks, but that's not what I asked.

What I asked was this:

If the blower was constantly running at low speed because the fan
switch is set to ON, would it briefly shut off (i.e. stop for 20-30
seconds) before switching to high speed if the stat called for A/C and
high speed blower operation?

-- What brand of equipment? Got a model number?

It's a Heat Controller Conquest 90 Max Model number GTUA75-E3A which I
believe is made by RUUD.

Thanks!