Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Dembroge Mike Dembroge is offline

Default Electrical connection from ceiling

You want to hard wire this piece of equipment, forget plug and receptacle.
I'll take a look at this option and talk to the electrician about. It's
looking like it's a good thing they're making me go through him. He does
commercial and is the guy that's been wiring up the entire building. he and
his partner.

You want a dedicated circuit coming from the panel.

If it was my shop, I'd invest in a magnetic motor starter for a 7-1/2HP
motor complete with low voltage (120V) control.

The machine has, what looks like, a standard magnetic starter embedded
inside it. I did some poking around when it was delivered. I emailed
Oliver to ask them what it's for, but haven't heard back yet. On your (and
dpb's) advice, I'm going to email or call them about recommendations for
wiring and connecting this to service.

Wiring in from an overhead drop is NBD, that's why SealTite was invented.

"NBD"?

You need an industrial electrician, not some residential type contractor.

The guy, Harold, is a commercial guy, so I'm just going to do whatever he
recommends.

It's a piece of cake if you know what you're doing.

It will cost a few $, but then again, so did the planer.

....and the jointer...and the DC...and the DC duct work!!!

Thanks Lew.