Posted to alt.home.repair
krw krw is offline

Default Is Paneling Dated

In article ,
says...
In article , krw says...

In article ,

says...
In article , krw says...

In article ,

says...
In article , Julia Betancóurt de Velasquez
says...

Is paneling for a basement really that dated? I want to redo my basement,
which has old paneling on it. I prefer not to do drywall because it is is
thicker, and might require re-laying the carpet and tackless.

I know some paneling can look pretty tacky, but I'd get the real wood stuff,
and put a clear water poly finish on it so it doesn't yellow.

Get it, enjoy it. And reassess the situation when/if you sell.

Right now, old panelling can be dressed up for wider appeal by priming and
painting. In the future, who knows, it might even be considered very in vogue
and you can leave it as is. Or you can prime and paint it then.

Houses are for the living, not the leaving. Don't worry so much about it as
if
you're staging to sell it all the time.

If houses are for living and not leaving, how come all the projects
don't get completed until we're leaving? ;-)/2

Too busy living! ;-)

I suppose so. Live and then pay the piper for six months, finishing
every thing up to sell. :-(

(It went on the market last week.) :-)

Congrats.

Thanks. Things are slow though.

Oh, well, you get your investment back quicker if you leave the projects until
the end ;-)

Don't have to repair any of the repairs either. ;-)

--
Keith