Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Electrical connection from ceiling

Lew Hodgett wrote:
Mike Dembroge wrote:

"Total Amperage: 38". Is that what you mean by "nameplate" perhaps?

It's an Oliver 4455 planer with Shelix cutter head and has a 7.5hp
motor.

Time to get serious.

Looked at the Oliver site.

Your machine is equipped with a 7-1/2HP, single phase motor and 38 FLA
is quite reasonable.

You want to hard wire this piece of equipment, forget plug and receptacle.

You want a dedicated circuit coming from the panel.

If it was my shop, I'd invest in a magnetic motor starter for a 7-1/2HP
motor complete with low voltage (120V) control.

I looked, too...

It has integral controls including motor start and emergency stop/reset.
Undoubtedly for a unit this size they are magnetic.

Other than that, can't disagree a bit...