Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Electrical connection from ceiling

Mike Dembroge wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message ...
Mike Dembroge wrote:
220v.

That inrush or nameplate?

I'm not familiar with the terms "inrush" or "nameplate". I've know what
"peak"power is. Is that the same as "inrush"? The plate on the unit states
"Total Amperage: 38". Is that what you mean by "nameplate" perhaps?

"inrush" is the high starting current surge that can be multiples of the
steady-state current draw.

"nameplate" is what the manufacturer placed on the motor/device as its
requirements. Those are "real" values in the sense they are given
specifically to allow for proper sizing of wiring/starters/etc.

"peak" I presume you mean is the bogus marketing claim of some homeowner
class of products that is useless for anything other than dividing back
down by to get at least an approximation of reality...